Background

Monday, May 27, 2013

Race Recap: Rum Run 10K

Hands down...  My favorite 10k in the Portland area by far!  Even with an evil hill at mile 4.66, and more sun than this redhead generally enjoys this was by far my favorite race!  I will definitely be signing up for it in the years to come.  I first signed up because the race offered a mojito at the end and not just the standard beer (which I am not a fan of).  But the race had so much more.  The course was fantastic.  It started in Tualatin and worked it's way up to Tigard and back.  Very rarely were we just on roads, but weaved through neighborhoods and Cook's Park.  I know now I need to head down to Cook's Park to run with Katie.  It's shady and flat!  A perfect combination.  I credit the course with my time.  No I am not by any means back to my usual 10 minute mile, but I am now within a mile of that.  I didn't feel ready and yet I held an 11:05 pace even with a water stop and the one hill I walked (I ran all the rest).  I actually improved a minute from my 8k time with Bridge to Brews a little over a month ago.  Woo hoo!  Oh it felt so good.  I kept my head up on the uphills, I let it ride a bit on the down, and I smiled as I went the distance.  Great race!  A must do for 2014 for sure.




After race delights and rewards!  The mojito and teriyaki chicken were fantastic!




Found some friends!  Lilo was hanging out with the food, and Mr. Tiki was guarding the rum.  I loved that fellow runners asked me about the WDW Marathon; I feel so much pride when I where that shirt.  I can't wait to wear my Dopey one!


The Pirate Loot!!!  One of the best looking tech shirts for a race and great snacks!  Not to mention a new cow bell.



The things that kept me going...  My Nike + Watch, Clif Shot Cherry Blok, and my Arbonne water bottle, and coming home to that face!




No comments:

Post a Comment