Background

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Community

I have to just say how much I love the running community!  I am so proud to be a part of it.  Not just for the big things like banding together for Boston, but for the little things as well.  I love this sport for the fact that I am only competing with myself, and everyone is so encouraging.  Case in point today...  I took a PTO day to be with my beautiful daughter and I decided it was time that we finally took our first run together.  As we headed out on the Fanno Creek Trail ( a good flat and shaded one) I saw the usual runners giving hellos and waves.  But my favorite came when I was passing two women out for a jog.  One of them saw me pushing Katie with my WDW Marathon shirt and yelled, "Alright!  If she can do it, so can we!"  Then flashed me a big smile.  That's right.  We all can do it!  I had missed my 6 mile training run this last weekend, but this 3.5 pushing Katie felt spectacular.  I can't wait to get out with her again.  It was so great after my day had started early with a smash.  No literally, I ran right into my bedroom door and fell down when I was running to check on Katie this morning at 4:00am.  Not even the sore, potentially bruised nose could keep me away.  What a fantastic day I've had with my little girl, the run and later tonight I am launching my Arbonne business (gotta find a way to stay home with Katie more and pay for all of these runDisney events!).  So much for hump day!  More like new starts day!  Thanks running community for always being there for me!



As you can see...  I worked a little harder than she did.  ;)  Someday she will truly run with me.

Side note:  More motivation came out today by the way of runDisney!  Check it out!
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/05/rundisney-reveals-disneyland-half-marathon-weekend-bling/

I wish I was doing it this year, but I will for sure be doing it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment