Background

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Getting Nervous...

The realization has set in...  Here it is... Three more sleeps and I'll be in Florida!  A myriad of emotions are rolling through me right now. Will I forget something? Will I get everything done before I leave? Having a 14 month old changes everything. Not to mention, I feel guilty taking her away from her daddy for 6 whole days. Ideally Matt would be coming with us, but it just didn't work out that way.  So come Tuesday morning he'll be dropping us off at the airport for my big adventure.

Then there are the thoughts of my body... Will my knee hold up? Will my toenails survive?  Ah, but it's all just nerves. I've trained, I've done races leading up to this, including a 35 mile and 40 mile weekend.  48.6 isn't that much more, right? I mean other people run ultras and way bigger races than this one. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be for the runs, but I'm not ready to go. Packing...  Hmmmm...  It would be bad enough if it was just me, but I'm taking Katie.  Carrying all of our stuff and her is going to be challenging to say the least.  Because of that I may be rethinking some of my costume choices and wardrobe while I'm there. Conserving space is probably a must.

None of this will matter when I finally make it there.  I have been training and thinking about this for almost a year, and it's finally here!  The exhilaration of storming the castle, literally, passing cheating fans, and earning all the bling and swag, yes, I am so ready! I can't wait to be surrounded by fellow running community buddies who are just as nuts about Disney as I am, so much so that they are stepping up to this crazy Dopey Challenge. 

Yep, I'm writing this as I can't sleep because I am so excited to get this show on the road.  I need to get the sleep though, for it have three of those left until I'm there.  To get the New Balance shoes, more Rawthreads, other running swag, ugh! These thoughts don't stop!  But I will let them go for now and say good night for now.  I'll keep everyone posted as this journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment